Saturday, September 26, 2009

Funny (Like A Clown)

I think I know how I'll be received in ordinary society. It won't change as I get older. People will view me as a joke, someone to not take serious. Because you have to be the same to be taken seriously. For your ideas to have any merit, you need some sort of credentials, something that says "Hey, see, I CAN think". Granted, I can't apply for a heart surgeon and get by on my extensive knowledge of watching ER (I don't watch it actually, it's a crap show). But in other things. In non-material matters. Philosophy, psychology (yeah, maybe I need a degree, a thing that says I've studied the science) but just in general, it will be looked down upon. And that's fine. Low expectations allow for a more surprising event.

I am just too different. Why must all of you be the same? I see names, faces, that are completely interchangeable. And they are fine with that. I suppose it's just a matter of preference, but to exemplify complacency and the mainstream is unimaginative and keeps off at the slow rate of progression that we have. My "people" will always be a joke to you. Fine. That just means you'll stay out of our way. So, sit back, watch your ABC, go to the hair salon, and just stay out of the way of people who want change in your little world.

No comments: