Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Friend

Every time I've used the word "love" it has referred to the general consensus of what the word means. Romantic relationships. That's it. And I think about this word a lot, because it so ingrained into our very fabric of humanity, yet is entirely without sense. Like a African tribesman trying to figure out electrical wiring. We can't comprehend its gravity, how it is, and not to the mention the chemicals released into our heads upon "falling" for it.

But my meaning is so much deeper than that contrived term. To me, it refers to that connection, that moment where you, without even thinking, cease to be, in place of this person. I said feelings and emotions are good, in check. I don't throw the word around - in my meaning- lightly. I take it very serious. I take both extremes, very serious. Because people die over this. They choose not to even exist over this. It's such a powerful thing, yet so goddamn meaningless, due to the fact that there is no lofty gain that anyone else could point at and say "Well, that fellow certainly accomplished something". It has been so watered down and overused that we are desensitized to it, now. Love. Used to mean something. Now it can be used for two promiscuous partners who like to screw a lot. I hate THAT meaning. I think it can be a good thing, indeed. My love can be very motivating. It can back you into a corner, and as I stated previously I like that.

No comments: