Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Earlier Than Later

Is it hard to imagine being different? If you tell most kids "When you get older, you will be a completely different person", they yell "No! I won't". It just seems like being different, having different interests, different likes/dislikes, aspirations/fears, friends/enemies, frightens most. Well, I know what change is. And people can change in an instant.

I recently found this out. Something just.... spoke to me, told me that what I was, was a lie. I was trying to mold myself into an image I didn't like. I wasn't true to myself and my beliefs. It wasn't conformity, but the principles still rang true. Things change. Just like my transformation into the being you see here now, my mind just switches. As it did here.

Look inside yourself. Determine exactly who you are... and who you want to be. Don't lie and pretend like you ARE that person. Who you want to be, that's what you aspire to, not instantly become. Because when the news hits you, you may surprised at your reaction.

No comments: