Sunday, January 31, 2010

METAL MORE!!! \m/

It's funny, I haven't once made a music post. And if I directed you here, means you will know why I like what I do. I have known enough people who like each genre to know why they like it. I'll just run down each main genre and why it sucks.
Pop(ular music) - Simply put, it's weak. Incredibly displeasing to my ears and overly positive, to the point of suspension of disbelief
Rap or hip hop - Isn't it obvious? Modern hip hop is all about bitches and money. Boring. Old school is about art and expression. Good message, still an unpleasing sound.
Classical - I actually don't have much of a problem with classical. Beautiful scores, sure, but they seem to just be that. No meaning or message to derive or learn from. Ultimately, boring.
Country - My god, don't get me started on this. So circular, it's almost like every song fits the lonely hart, the good drinking time, or waking up with a stranger in your bed. It's sickening and if you like it, fuck you and never talk to me again.
Alternative - While in the rock genre, alternative seems to try too hard to be different. It's just too lame to like. And boring.
Indie - Pretentious prats. I mean, the songs are too abstract to make sense and musically, it's a mess  and it's "different".

Also, when metal is good, it's great. When it's bad, it's horrible. I'm not some metalhead who fights for the genre as a whole. I don't even want to go to a concert. What I like about it is the easing feeling, the aggressiveness that is portrayed. It's pretty hard to explain, because it's the one place where I fully embrace all the "negative" emotions. It's somewhere I can lose my sense of reality and embrace all the dark fantasies I have. And it's not like the lyrics make the song or the sound makes the song. A song will just click with me or in some cases, the unique sound one band has will click with me. 

No comments: