Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Benefits of Dying

There has been something bugging me, for a long time now. So we all know pricks, assholes, bad people etc. Why is it, when they die, all of a sudden they "lived a good life"? Like dying makes you a nicer person. People come out for your funeral, people who you have not been the best with, all for the sake of "letting bygones be bygones". Screw that! Someone I hate dies, I relish it. I don't say "Well, he's dead now, so I forgive him for everything". Is hating someone who's dead that taboo? I mean, honestly.

Although it wasn't really hatred, MJ made me think to write this. Everyone is "mourning the Pop King". Yeah, whatever. A few years ago, everyone thought he was a pedophile. Badgered, justifiable, for his unusual behavior. So why does, when he die, he transcends and becomes the goddamn media event of the digital age?

Remember people for what they did, not when they die.

No comments: