Saturday, August 15, 2009

Living In The Past

I hope that you wonder how much of your life is spent, living in the past. Living on past achievements. Living in former glories. If you are old, pay no mind, this isn't for you. All you have is the past and I respect that. I am talking about anyone younger than 40. Let me ask you the big question:

How much of your relationships are predicated on history?

Let me elaborate. Family relationships, all they are, are built on history. Friends... you must have that one guy who you dislike, but because you "were" good friends, you keep him around. Why is that? Why is so much owed to "the past"? Why can't people just be judged on how they are now? As I move away from people, I am feeling like I owe them something. For what, because we used to get along?

I don't play that game. Another one of society's rules with just doesn't make any sense.

No comments: