Sunday, March 6, 2011

Competition

I know we are generally a competition driven species. We seek to one up our fellow man to get more money, attention, fame, power, what have you. But why are some people so focused on others? I saw this a lot in school, mostly with kids (and immature adults), they gossip, they create and spread rumors, just to put down someone to elevate themselves, if only in their minds. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the occasional bashing of those that I think are inferior, but such a systematic approach, a routine of this, I just don't understand. Consumed with appearances, reputation, competition, but not even for any end game, just for a self satisfying boost. Maybe it's because I think that too many people do not deserve the honor of my constant hate, but I think that is not a way to go because when everyone is gone, how will you manage life then?

No comments: