Friday, December 4, 2009

Cold, Cold, So Very Cold

I've always agreed with cold weather, especially in my youth. The main reason is not even a physical one. The feeling I get out there, the cold wind upon my cheek, the biting chill at my fingertips, it all.... made me feel alive. It filled me with such life, such activity, such a contentment that is unusually strange. Another is that most people are indoors and animals look for shelter. Insects are all gone. It's just a stillness, no living creatures around. All hiding, all tucked away, all away from me. I truly feel like the street is mine, I, for the only time outside of my "cavern", feel alone in the streets. Not being observed, not being sensed, completely alone.

My favorite time of the year again. I will miss these times. (Also, fuck Christmas)

No comments: