Friday, June 18, 2010

Destroying Complacency

While I was in Comic Con, I seen a lot of people. A lot of different varieties of this human brand. As I walked onto the floor (the exhibition floor), as it was cluttered with bodies, I thought.... how easy would it be to walk in with a briefcase bomb, set it, slide it under a table and walk out? Before you think I'm an evil bastard, just set aside your morality. Everyone likes to shake things up, everyone likes drama. Everyone likes variety. The September attacks on the WTC in 2001, I really enjoyed that. Look at the backlash of what a handful of regular people did. It sent the world into a panic. It did sooo much. Even now, it's so grand, people think it's a government conspiracy. As much as I abhor their motives, I like their actions. You can't talk and make things different, you have to do things. Blowing up the SDCC would rattle a lot of cages. I'm sure I would be caught, they would investigate the attendees who survived and I'd probably leave the smallest of trails but enough to be picked up. But I would change something.

Imagine politicians, fuck, imagine Mr. Change Obama. What has he done? Nothing, or.. rather, I should say, very little. But what could a vigilante do? What could a handful of Arabs do? More than the fucking president of the most powerful nation. THAT'S the power of action. Bureaucracy be damned.

No comments: